10623Re: Bandwidth ??

    Jul 4, 2013
      On 7/4/2013 3:52 PM, Dan wrote:
      > Thanks Joe. I understand what you're saying...but...my confusion stems from attempting to setup the waterfall.
      >
      > The manual says to use the JT65 xxxx JT9 to split where the signals are located. Below xxxx and the signals decode as JT65, above xxxx, the signals decode as JT9. So I initially set the marker at 2000. I figured 14.076 plus 2000 would be 14.078 (JT9 freq). But after watching the waterfall I moved the marker to 2500 due to seeing JT65 signals above the 2000 mark.
      >
      > So, I'm sure the radio and WSJTX are working correctly, and since I have received responses to both JT65 and JT9 signals I am confident I am transmitting the correct frequency. But how do I know if I have the waterfall set correctly? How do you figure out what xxxx should be for the JT65 xxxx JT9 setting?

      With dial frequency = xx.076, the nominal JT65 sub-band extends from DF
      = -1000 to +1000 on the older programs WSJT and JT65-HF. In those
      programs, DT = 0 corresponds top audio frequency 1270 Hz. So, in the
      terminology of WSJT-X, the sync tones of JT65 signals should be between
      270 and 2270 Hz. JT9 should be between 3000 and 4000 Hz, although it's
      being recommended that the lower limit should move down to 2500 Hz.

      Sounds like a good idea to set the dividing line indicator to read
      "JT65 2400 JT65"