10622Re: Bandwidth ??

  • Dan
    Jul 4, 2013
      Thanks Joe. I understand what you're saying...but...my confusion stems from attempting to setup the waterfall.

      The manual says to use the JT65 xxxx JT9 to split where the signals are located. Below xxxx and the signals decode as JT65, above xxxx, the signals decode as JT9. So I initially set the marker at 2000. I figured 14.076 plus 2000 would be 14.078 (JT9 freq). But after watching the waterfall I moved the marker to 2500 due to seeing JT65 signals above the 2000 mark.

      So, I'm sure the radio and WSJTX are working correctly, and since I have received responses to both JT65 and JT9 signals I am confident I am transmitting the correct frequency. But how do I know if I have the waterfall set correctly? How do you figure out what xxxx should be for the JT65 xxxx JT9 setting?

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:
      > Hi Dan,
      > KJ6RGX wrote:
      > > ... I have more reading to do, I thought I understood split mode, but apparently not. I set VFO A to 14.076 and saved that to VFO B. Set the radio to split mode. I have the waterfall set to Bins=4, N Avg=5, Gain=0, Zero=2, Slope=1.5, JT65 2000 JT9. TX and RX both show 2704 Hz. I set it to transmit a JT9 CQ and watched VFO B and it tuned 14.077. I expected it to be at 14.078.704 (14076000 + 2704 = 14078704). So I am off to read the manual on split operation. Still trying to get my head wrapped around this...
      > WSJT-X v1.1 takes care of this [frequency setting ] by using Split mode,
      > receiving with VFO A and transmitting with VFO B. The Tx dial frequency
      > (VFO B) is offset in 1000 Hz steps, and the generated audio
      > frequency is adjusted so that it always falls in the range 1000 – 2000
      > Hz. With CAT enabled and your transceiver set to Split mode, frequency
      > control will be handled automatically.
      > By setting VFO B to 14.077, the necessary audio tone frequency comes out
      > as 1704 Hz -- as described, a frequency between 1000 and 2000 Hz.
      > It's working as expected.
      > -- Joe, K1JT
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic