10620Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Bandwidth ??

    Jul 4, 2013
      Hi Dan,

      KJ6RGX wrote:
      > ... I have more reading to do, I thought I understood split mode, but apparently not. I set VFO A to 14.076 and saved that to VFO B. Set the radio to split mode. I have the waterfall set to Bins=4, N Avg=5, Gain=0, Zero=2, Slope=1.5, JT65 2000 JT9. TX and RX both show 2704 Hz. I set it to transmit a JT9 CQ and watched VFO B and it tuned 14.077. I expected it to be at 14.078.704 (14076000 + 2704 = 14078704). So I am off to read the manual on split operation. Still trying to get my head wrapped around this...

      WSJT-X v1.1 takes care of this [frequency setting ] by using Split mode,
      receiving with VFO A and transmitting with VFO B. The Tx dial frequency
      (VFO B) is offset in 1000 Hz steps, and the generated audio
      frequency is adjusted so that it always falls in the range 1000 – 2000
      Hz. With CAT enabled and your transceiver set to Split mode, frequency
      control will be handled automatically.

      By setting VFO B to 14.077, the necessary audio tone frequency comes out
      as 1704 Hz -- as described, a frequency between 1000 and 2000 Hz.

      It's working as expected.

      -- Joe, K1JT
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic