      From: g4wjs <bill.8@...>
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Re: WSJT-X v1.0 r3323: Ambiguous entries in ADIF log file when QSO crosses 00:00 UTC
      To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...>, wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 8:51 PM

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > > Separating time and date into two fields is not acceptable since it
      > > appears one refers to the start time and the other the end date!
      >
      > It's not a matter of separating time and date into two fields, it is a
      > matter of capturing them at the same time. Currently time is captured
      > when the report is sent (message 2 or message 3 is generated) whilst
      > date is captured when the QSO is completed (the "Log QSO" button is
      > clicked). Since the two events differ by *at least* 2 or 3 minutes,
      > any QSO that crosses "midnight" will record the wrong date in
      > wsjtx_log.adi.

      Sorry Joe, I can't agree with you there. Separating date and time into two fields is exactly why were are where we are with this issue.

      A stand-alone date field belongs in a train or bus timetable, not as an absolute time-stamp in a log record. I don't know if the issue lies with an ambiguous ADIF specification or with a defect in the WSJT-X code, but either way if some way of combining the date and time in a single field had been used we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic