1042RE: [wsjtgroup] Question about unassisted QSOs

  • Russ Pillsbury
    May 1, 2004
      Bob, you are correct that it is incomplete, for 2 reasons. Wrong call, and
      you never received any roger from him. When you saw that he was sending the
      wrong call, you should not send a report to him, because sending the report
      means "I have copied both calls correctly". Instead send "MMMM" or maybe
      "MYCALL MYCALL" until he fixes the call (or you give up).

      When you finally do receive the call correctly then you send a report. For
      the Rally, if you send a grid as report, but he responds with a numeric
      report then you need to send "YOUR GRID" or "GRID?" until he fixes his
      report. This happened to me at 5:00 am this morning when I was too
      bleary-eyed to notice that I had not changed the report. The station I was
      working sent "GRID?" and I fixed it and we completed.

      Hope this helps,

      73, Russ K2TXB