10125Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3251

  • kc2nyu
    May 5, 2013
      Julian & Joe- thanks for the last two replies and I believe all is well here with WSTJ-X. I made these changes:
      - In WSTJ-X, PTT Method to Vox, PTT Port to None
      - In K3 set Vox Gain to 9
      - Band Selector works fine
      - When PTT Test is pressed no response but No Rig Failed to open msg anymore.

      Results:
      Program seems to be running normally with all functions working.
      - block next to band Select is Red
      - Changes to K3 VFO are reflected in Program albeit with some delay (polling time choice?)
      - All previously reported issues are fixed.

      Thanks to all who helped.

      73 Paul kc2nyu

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Julian, G4ILO" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

      > Eterlogic VSPE is the only one I use. I've tried some others such as the
      > free one written by a ham that is made available only to hams but it
      > crashed a lot and I could not create a splitter. I'm still 32bit here so
      > it's a free solution for me.
      >
      > LP Bridge would probably do the job for this application but I haven't
      > tried it as it can create other problems that I'd prefer to avoid. If it
      > works for you, use it.
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO
      > G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
      > http://about.me/julian.moss
      >

      > On 5 May 2013 19:13, Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@...> wrote:
      >
      > > is there any of the other virtual serial port pgms that you do like?
      > >
      > > I just saw Julian mention Eterlogic VSPE in another email
      > > I looked and the 64bit version is not free
      > > would like to know if it works better than LP-Bridge
      > > before I bought it
      > >
      > > comments?

      > >> Would not even consider it. LP_Bridge (and LPB2) has too many negative
      > >> side-effects with other software I use. Due to know issues - including
      > >> blocking K3 meta commands - several developers will not even accept bug
      > >> reports if LP-Bridge/LPB2 is in use.
      > >>
      > >> 73,
      > >>
      > >> ... Joe, W4TV
      > >>

      > > --