10056Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3251

  • Gary
    May 2, 2013
      If you set the CAT Polling Interval to zero, then the software controls the rig, but it doesn't read anything back form the radio - I think that this is what you want.

      This is how I run WSJT-X with my FT-817.

      See Setup > Configuration > CAT > Polling Interval

      73
      Gary
      G0DNI

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Colin XSD <m0xsd@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Joe,
      >
      > Running IC-706 MkII here and there is partial success with CAT control.
      > The software control the Rig but fails to read correctly, it normally
      > returns 0.000 000 but sometimes returns the previously set frequency, at
      > which point it locks up (Not Responding).
      >
      > Would it be possible to have the directions for CAT contol individually
      > selectable?, personally I am only interested in the Software contolling
      > the Rig but I can see the merit in being able to read the Rig frequency
      > remotely (for diagnostic purposes if nothing else).
      >
      > Forgive me if I have missed something covered in the new ChangeLog
      > and/or User Guide but I only have a quick read through them and may have
      > missed something. But it is getting late here and I wanted to give you
      > the feedback tonight to make the most of our time difference.
      >

      > 73,
      > Colin
      > M0XSD.
      >
      > On 02/05/2013 19:00, Joe Taylor wrote:
      > >
      > > WSJT-X v0.95 r3251 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
      > >
      > > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
      > >
      > > Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
      > >
      > > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
      > >
      > > as well as the much-enlarged WSJT-X User's Guide,
      > >
      > > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
      > >
      > > Special note: we believe that r3251 address nearly all of the CAT issues
      > > experienced by a few users -- those with K3, IC-746, IC-706, in
      > > particular -- and that useful CAT control is now available for nearly
      > >
      > > One additional piece of advice when running WSJT-X in Windows. It's
      > > in the User's Guide, along with lots of other new stuff... But just
      > > to be sure: Connect and turn on your radio and any interface
      > > equipment before starting WSJT-X, and exit the program before
      > > turning such equipment off.
      > >
      > > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic