10053Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v0.95 r3251

  • Colin XSD
    May 2, 2013
      Thanks Joe,

      Running IC-706 MkII here and there is partial success with CAT control. The software control the Rig but fails to read correctly, it normally returns 0.000 000 but sometimes returns the previously set frequency, at which point it locks up (Not Responding).

      Would it be possible to have the directions for CAT contol individually selectable?, personally I am only interested in the Software contolling the Rig but I can see the merit in being able to read the Rig frequency remotely (for diagnostic purposes if nothing else).

      Forgive me if I have missed something covered in the new ChangeLog and/or User Guide but I only have a quick read through them and may have missed something. But it is getting late here and I wanted to give you the feedback tonight to make the most of our time difference.

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 02/05/2013 19:00, Joe Taylor wrote:

      WSJT-X v0.95 r3251 has been posted on the WSJT web site:

      http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

      Be sure to read the ChangeLog:

      http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

      as well as the much-enlarged WSJT-X User's Guide,

      http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf

      Special note: we believe that r3251 address nearly all of the CAT issues
      experienced by a few users -- those with K3, IC-746, IC-706, in
      particular -- and that useful CAT control is now available for nearly

      One additional piece of advice when running WSJT-X in Windows. It's
      in the User's Guide, along with lots of other new stuff... But just
      to be sure: Connect and turn on your radio and any interface
      equipment before starting WSJT-X, and exit the program before
      turning such equipment off.