10000Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3243

  • g4ilo
    Apr 30 5:43 AM
      Similar findings here, also with a K3. It doesn't always crash, and it doesn't always set the mode to USB (the K3 rather annoyingly restores the last mode used on the new band overriding what the software does but I think that is sometimes working to my advantage.)

      I suspect that reducing the polling frequency might eliminate some of the crashes, but the software needs to have an option (like other digimode s/w) to select USB or DATA and it needs to send the mode command *after* the band change followed by a 1 second pause to allow the band change to take effect.

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > CAT is completely FUBAR with a K3 operated in DATA (DATA A) mode.
      > v0.95 r3243 insists on setting the transceiver to USB and crashes
      > (runtime error) when the transceiver mode is reset. If it doesn't
      > crash, the "red square" appears even though the frequency is correct.
      >
      > Note, CAT Polling is excessive - once every 30 seconds is more
      > appropriate than once a second.
      >
      > Also, regarding the K3, polling for frequency within 250 ms of sending
      > a command to change frequency is a bad idea. The K3 can and often does
      > stop responding for in excess of 250 ms during band changes. When the
      > K3 fails to respond during a band change v0.95 r3243 hangs, stops
      > responding and eventually crashes.
      >
      > Lots of *serious* CAT issues in this version.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic