Default for transport of

  • Gisle Aas
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
      The _transport_ attribute of <soap:binding> is optional, but it is not
      clear to me what the default is.

      Is "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" the default?

      If so, shouldn't the schema in section A-4.1 declare this value as the
      default?

      Regards,
      Gisle Aas
    • Bob Cunnings
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
        Hello,

        Good catch. I've always thought it was required. It's hard to imagine
        a binding in which the transport is unspecified, right?

        RC

        > The _transport_ attribute of <soap:binding> is optional, but it is not
        > clear to me what the default is.
        >
        > Is "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" the default?
        >
        > If so, shouldn't the schema in section A-4.1 declare this value as the
        > default?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Gisle Aas

      • Gisle Aas
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
          "Bob Cunnings" <cunnings@...> writes:

          > Good catch. I've always thought it was required. It's hard to imagine
          > a binding in which the transport is unspecified, right?

          I would think it could also make sense to specify transport as part of
          the specification of <port>. The scheme of the URI found in the
          location attribute of <soap:address> will in most cases indicate what
          the transport is.

          Regards,
          Gisle Aas,
          ActiveState

          > > The _transport_ attribute of <soap:binding> is optional, but it is not
          > > clear to me what the default is.
          > >
          > > Is "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" the default?
          > >
          > > If so, shouldn't the schema in section A-4.1 declare this value as the
          > > default?
        • scott wood
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
            The text in the last paragraph of 3.3 says "the required transport attribute", although
            the informal XML in that section agrees with the schema and indicates it is optional.

            scott