WSDL 1.1 Issue - Grammar for Attribute Extensibility

  • kevin.liu@sap.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2001
      In section 2.1, extensibility is expilictly stated for all the
      elements, but not for attributes.

      In the WSDL Schema, PartType is extended from "openAtts". This means
      anyAttributes can be defined in addition to the three optional
      attributes specified for Part (name, type, element). Though it
      mentions in section 2.3 that "other message-typing attributes may be
      defined as long as they use a namespace different from that of WSDL",
      it would be better for those who use the grammar as a convenient
      reference if this is also reflected in section 2.1.

      Regards, Kevin
    • kevin.liu@sap.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2001
        Hi All,

        Is there any place that keeps a record of all the known issues with
        WSDL1.1? Or has anybody tried to valid the examples provided by the
        spec against the WSDL schema?

        I just finished reading the spec from the W3C site, and have found
        quite a few issues which can be grouped into three categories: Typos,
        Grammar inconsist with Schema, and Example inconsistent with
        schema/grammar. It would be great if we have a central repository to
        share these information.

        Regards, Kevin
        Technology Architecture Group, SAP