Is WSDL document mandatory when connect to web service with JAX-WS?

  • Daniel Gorodowienko
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      Dear group,

      I encountered such situation:

      I have created application on basis of JAX-WS that is a web
      service, but acts also as client to other web services. And I did not
      find a way to connect to those other web services if they do not include
      WSDL file (for example: address_of_web_service?wsdl).

      Maybe there is at least way to set WSDL file separately to web
      service Internet address I want to connect to? Can I force my
      application to use local WSDL and send to Internet server?

      But the best solution would be to not set WSDL location, but only
      send previously created objects (classes are prepared by JAX-WS/JAX-B)
      to given web service address.

      Can it be done with JAX-WS? If not, can I use JAX-B created classes
      to send them some other way?

      Best regards,
      Daniel Gorodowienko, LPT IT
    • Arc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12 8:56 AM
        Yes, this is possible for top-down approach.
        For instance,  using Apache CXF or Axis2, you can generate static client from a given WSDL file or URL.
        Then you can (re) use the generated (static client) artifacts in any of your application even without the WSDL source.

        I hope this still helps =)

        Best regards,
        @JavaBarako