WSDL 2.0

  • wsdl_list
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      What is the general opinion people have about WSDL 2.0? Are the tools
      and utility by main vendords around WSDL upgraded yet? I am curious to
      know adoption of WSDL 2.0 by the SOA community.

      Thanks for any feed back.
      Regards,
      Venkat
    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
        No mainstream support yet. Apache Woden (http://ws.apache.org/woden/)
        is a WSDL 2.0 parser. Axis2 and Synapse support WSDL 2.0 via Woden, as
        do the WSO2 products based on these projects. Given that Woden is led
        by folks from IBM, I expect that IBM will add the Woden code based to
        WebSphere at some point down the road. Sun has said that it intends to
        add support for WSDL 2.0, but probably not until the next version of
        JAX-WS is defined. Microsoft has been mum about its plans to support
        WSDL 2.0.

        Anne