Indigo / Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-10 Nov 2005

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005

      Hey to all you Web Services Toolkits implementers out there!

      We are planning a 4-day Windows Communications Foundation (WCF, a.k.a Indigo) Interop Plug-fest on Monday November 7, 2005 to Thursday November 10, 2005 at Microsoft Redmond campus.

      The WCF (Indigo) Interop Plug-fest is an ad-hoc, open forum for implementers of various Web Services protocols to meet with engineers from the WCF(Indigo) team and test interoperability with the upcoming release.

      Please reply to kirillg@... and jthelin@... introducing your implementation if you’re interested in attending.

      Scenarios drafts as well as pointers to test endpoints are available online - http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/wcfinteroplab.htm . We recommend you to join the WS-Builders@yahoogroups.com discussion group and use it for questions around scenarios documents and WCF(Indigo) interoperability.

      Here is an invite with further logistics info: http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/WCFInteropPlugFest_invite.doc

      Thank you and we hope to see you November 7th !

    • Doug Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2005

        Kirill,
          Thanks for the notice of your interop endpoints.  IBM has endpoints up for most of WS-* specifications you mentioned covering the scenarios as specified in the interop workshop's scenario documents.  The endpoints should cover the full range of features specified in those scenario documents and not just the subset your version of the scenario documents mention.  Based on the activity logs they seem to be widely used and appear to be quite useful to the WS community.  We welcome MSFT's efforts to join this adhoc/off-line testing process and hope you keep your endpoint up indefinitely as we hope to.  Please see the respective WS-* Yahoo group for the URL of the endpoint of interest - or feel free to contact me at dug@... if you're unable to locate the URL.
        thanks
        -Doug

        "Kirill Gavrylyuk" <kirillg@...>
        Sent by: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com

        10/05/2005 09:32 PM

        Please respond to
        soapbuilders

        <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>, <wsdl@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-RM-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-Security-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-TX-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <ws-eventing-workshops@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        Subject
        [soapbuilders] Indigo / Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-10 Nov 2005

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2005

          Thanks Doug,

          It’s good to hear about IBM’s continuing interest in WS-* interop testing.

          You seem to have misunderstood my mail – this is an invite to a F2F meeting - the Windows Communication Foundation (aka Indigo) interop *plug-fest* we will hold in Redmond on November 7th – 10th.

          The event is focused on the product-level interop with WCF. Unlike the previous WS-* Workshops, this event is not focused on getting feedback for the WS-* specs.  Based on our experience with soapbuilders, such F2F events are super-effective at advancing interoperability between products.

          We are encouraged by the wide support from the WS-* community for this plug-fest, and we look forward to IBM joining us at the F2F in November.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2005
            Kirill wrote on 10/10/2005 02:24:47 PM:

            > Thanks Doug,

            > You seem to have misunderstood my mail – this is an invite to a F2F meeting - the
            > Windows Communication Foundation (aka Indigo) interop *plug-fest* we will hold in
            > Redmond on November 7th – 10th.

            I understood - just wanted to make sure you, and others, were aware of IBM's
            full-scenario endpoints - which are there for continued full spec interop testing
            and not just for 'feedback' on the specs as you suggest below.

            > The event is focused on the product-level interop with WCF. Unlike the previous WS-
            > * Workshops, this event is not focused on getting feedback for the
            WS-* specs.

            > Based on our experience with soapbuilders, such F2F events are super-effective at
            > advancing interoperability between products.

            NxM full spec interop events yes.  A '1xM subset of the spec' event is something
            different isn't it?  :-)

            > We are encouraged by the wide support from the WS-* community for this plug-fest,
            > and we look forward to IBM joining us at the F2F in November.

            I can't speak to whether or not IBM will participate in the event.

            thanks
            -Doug
          • Doug Davis
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005

              While IBM will not be attending this event I'd like to remind people of IBM's interop endpoints (listed at:  http://wsi.alphaworks.ibm.com:8080/interop/index.html ) which supports the full interop scenario documents as specified by the specific interop workshop event.  If anyone runs into any problems with these endpoints please drop me a note.
              thanks
              -Doug

              "Kirill Gavrylyuk" <kirillg@...>
              Sent by: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com

              10/10/2005 02:24 PM

              Please respond to
              soapbuilders

              <wsdl@yahoogroups.com>, <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>
              cc
              <ws-eventing-workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-RM-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-Security-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-TX-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject
              RE: [wsdl] Re: [soapbuilders] Indigo / Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-10 Nov 2005

[...]

              This group is a forum for builders of SOAP implementations to discuss implementation and interoperability issues.  Please stay on-topic.

              Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
              Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS