Video-feed web service

  • tuned993
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2004
      Hi,

      I am trying to find the best way of going about setting up a web
      cam (video stream) web service. I need a way of transmitting a
      binary video stream via web service protocols (SOAP) after the
      service has been located using a WSDL file. Obviously the invocation
      of this service will require a real-time feed from the web cam to the
      client accessing the service (as opposed to simple, updated
      request/response messages).

      I'm aware of the xsd:binaryBase64 type for transporting a binary
      file over SOAP but not sure if this fits my requirements above. If
      there is no other means then maybe a link in the WSDL file to an
      external (e.g. HTTP) feed will suffice.

      Any advice or pointers would be appreciated,

      thanks,

      N Robinson
    • Christo Popov
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2004
        There is a special format DIME (like MIME but it is
        binary) to send SOAP messages with attachments.

        --- tuned993 <n.w.robinson@...> a écrit : > Hi,

        > I am trying to find the best way of going about
        > setting up a web
        > cam (video stream) web service. I need a way of
        > transmitting a
        > binary video stream via web service protocols (SOAP)
        > after the
        > service has been located using a WSDL file.
        > Obviously the invocation
        > of this service will require a real-time feed from
        > the web cam to the
        > client accessing the service (as opposed to simple,
        > updated
        > request/response messages).
        >
        > I'm aware of the xsd:binaryBase64 type for
        > transporting a binary
        > file over SOAP but not sure if this fits my
        > requirements above. If
        > there is no other means then maybe a link in the
        > WSDL file to an
        > external (e.g. HTTP) feed will suffice.
        >
        > Any advice or pointers would be appreciated,
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > N Robinson

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • tuned993
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
          Thanks. Specifically I would like to know how to do 'live' streaming
          of (for example) textual data between a web service producer and
          client consumer, after it has discovered and connected to the
          service. The aim is to enable the client to begin displaying or
          manipulating the data as it arrives (before an entire file has been
          transferred) over web service protocols.

          Any help or advice would be appreciated,

          thanks,

          N Robinson

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
            I am not so advanced, but I believe you can find
            useful info by searching about 'DIME' and SOAP with
            attachments
            But I don't know how to do 'streaming'