swallows

  • kathy kuyper
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2006
      Yesterday there were 10-12 violet green swallows, adult and juvenile, near Maroon Lake.  There were three more swallow sp. up by Crater Lake.  and 10-12 barn swallows in Basalt this morning near the river.  Also, one or two male broad tails up in the Bells.  No black swifts seen, nor mtn goats or sheep, Kim.  There is still water in the waterfalls.
    • kathy kuyper
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2006
        From Difficult campground this morning I noticed a loose flock of swallows heading downvalley.  There were more than a hundred, possible a couple hundred.  I wonder whether they come over Independence Pass?  It was raining.