Garfield Birds

  • Victor Zerbi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2006
      Yesterday, before handling court in Rifle, I birded in Parachute at
      Cottonwood Park and the adjacent State Wildlife Area. I had never
      been there previously. Great potential habitat for migrants.
      Highlight - one light tower on the ballfield had a large nest with a
      pairn of Osprey and two young. What a strange sight!

      Also saw Eastern Kingbird, Blue Grosbeak, Warbling Vireo, Yellow,
      Yellow-rumped and Virginia Warblers, 40 plus Western Pewees,
      Kinfisher, Lesser Goldfinch, Downy WP, Flickers, Catbirds. No luck on
      Townsend's or other more unusual warblers or vireos.

      I will return.

      Vic