Fall and Black-headed Grosbeaks

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 5:15 PM

      Here at No Name we have had a bumper crop of Black-headed Grosbeaks this year, so I have been paying particular attention to them.  As the young fledged and in mid - late July juvies and adults were at my feeders in huge numbers so I began to count them.  On 8/1 40 birds/8 males, on 8/7 2 birds/0 males, and on 8/14 1 female.  The young were still begging for food in late July, two weeks later they are gone.

      Yes it is Fall in the world of birds!

      Tom