L-S Still Producing

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2006

      Hi All,

      I made a couple of rounds of the nature trail at Loudy-Simpson Park in Craig last evening. I did not see the N. Waterthrush or any Nashville Warblers, but most of the other birds were still there plus a couple of nice newcomers. The newcomers included a male Indigo Bunting (a long overdue first Moffat County record for me) and a female-type American Redstart (a fourth personal MoCo sighting). Otherwise, there were still 10 or so Townsend’s Warblers and increasing numbers of Wilson’s and MacGillivray’s. A first year male Calliope Hummingbird is still hanging around along with an Olive-sided Flycatcher. The Indigo Bunting was part of an impressive Lazuli Bunting fallout, with 10-15 individuals present.

      Cheers,

      Forrest Luke