CUCKOO calling!!!!

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2006
      At 11:45 this morning, as I was harvesting a fresh patch of asparagus
      from a mowed strip along a country road approx 1/10 of a mile from my
      house...as the cuckoo flies....a YBCU started calling from a dense stand
      of globe willow surrounding the nearby house. The bird continued to call
      and I heard it until it was out of earshot, which was in my field.
      I have heard one calling twice this summer, after I returned from a
      trip. Each time it was in the yard but flew farther and farther away as
      it called.
      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss