HART'S BASIN

  • Evelyn Horn
    Message 1 of 377 , Aug 12, 2006
          AUGUST 11, 2006
      water is lower, need a scope.

      24 Pelicans, 18 Cormorants
      Geese & Coots: too many
      Ducks, Teals, shorebirds: numerous but too far way for me to identify with any certainty.
      Over twenty Western Grebe, two Pied-billed
      One Tern, two Ring-billed Gulls, two Snowy Egret.
    • Evelyn Horn
      Message 377 of 377 , Apr 14 7:57 PM
        April 14, 2015  8:30 pm

        I decided to officially close the  crane count yesterday.
        And then Jim Wallace found 5 cranes this morning at the reservoir!
        He also spotted a red-tailed hawk nest (with chicks) near the dam where the Herons used to nest.

        So I'll continue the count for a few more days!
        Evey Horn