Burrowing Owl - Delta County

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 11:54 AM
      This morning I finally found a BUOW in Delta Co! This bird was only about 1-2 miles south of Hotchkiss on 34.00 Rd. The area where I saw the bird is what one might call a BLM ATV sacrifice area - all vegetation is totally destroyed by ATV traffic. But, there are still prairie dogs out there.

      Also drove up to Crawford Res hoping for shorebirds but did not see any except a flock of something flying away from the reservoir high in the air. There was a singing Willow Flycatcher in the large willow stand in the inflow area. I also saw a Willow Flycatcher in my yard near Paonia this morning.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia