No Lesser Nighthawks last night.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      Late yesterday afternoon I again checked for the
      Lesser Nighthawks. I did not see any amoung the large
      flock of Common Nighthawks at the sewer lagoons.
      Calamity Draw starts east of Nucla about two miles,
      runs just south of town and flows into the San Miguel
      River at the bridge at the west end of the Nucla
      Cutoff Road. This creek has a permanent flow and
      substantial wetlands along its course. Starting about
      6:00 each evening nighthawks begin coming out the feed
      along this water course. There are a few hundred
      total nighthawks. Nighthawks become more concentrated
      at the sewer lagoons but can be seen everywhere. That
      makes it problematic in attempting to refind the
      Lesser Nighthawks.
      Historical Note: The first westslope record for
      Lesser Nighthawk was 20 June 1987 on the Dave Wood
      Road in Montrose County. This nighthawk is in the
      DMNH. It was a roadkill.
      Coen

      http://mail.yahoo.com