Nighthawks and hummers

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 11:39 AM
      George, Kathey, Brenda and I spent from 8:00 until
      9:00 last evening looking at nighthawks at the sewer
      lagoons west of Nucla. There are several dozen Common
      Nighthawks that come to feed each evening. Last night
      was no exception but we could not pick out any Lesser
      Nighthawks among the flock of CONIs. We will try
      again tonight. The cranes were still present about a
      mile west of town.
      We have a lot of hummers. We are feeding a gallon of
      juice(two lbs of sugar) each day. Males of all four
      species are present. Broad-tails are the least
      common. We usually have more Broad-tails at this time
      of year. In the last few days Rufous has become the
      most abundant hummer replacing Black-chins. We have
      three or four Calliopes and maybe only two BTLH.
      Will keep you posted on the nighthawks.
      Coen and Brenda

      http://mail.yahoo.com