band-tailed pigeons in Hotchkiss

  • Bill/Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      Twice now in the last 12 days I have seen band-tailed pigeons in Hotchkiss.
      I believe they are in the vicinity of the Delta County Fairgrounds, but here
      is where I have seen them:

      Heading east through Hotchkiss (towards Paonia) on the main street, turn
      right at the Napa auto parts store. A block down where the road winds around
      back west is where I saw them yesterday. I saw them a few blocks further
      west on that road last week. Small flock of about seven..

      The woman who lives next to the Baptist church right where the road winds
      around back west confirmed that she saw some different pigeons in her yard,
      but didn't know what they were. The fairground sits behind her house.

      Cheryl Day
      Hotchkiss

      "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as
      well dance!!!"