Rabbits & Possibly Golden Eagles

  • Glenn Jacobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2006
      I live out in the middle of South Park in very lightly [populated area.

      Have seen a Golden Eagle hanging around usually perched on a log.

      I have found two dead rabbits. One was a cotton tail and the other a Jack,
      both were laying on the road, a dirt road with no more than a dozen cars a
      day. Both were slit open on their sides and their intestines had been
      removed and were on the ground about two feet away. There did not appear
      to be any another trauma to them and no blood on the ground. There was no
      evidence at least in the case of the cotton tail that the carcass had been
      eaten at all. It appeared to be completely intact.

      My question, could this be the work of the Golden Eagle that has been
      hanging around or does someone have another idea?

      Thanks,

      JakeInHartsel