more info on NW birds

  • Andrew Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      In my haste in writing my last message, I left out a few details and
      sightings:

      The California Quail were seen on July 20th. Total driving time to the
      site, from Denver, is about 6 hours. Brown Park, for a change, has a
      decent amount of water in it, though not too many ducks. Shorebirds
      should be moving through.

      On Hoy Mountain, I had a pair of Winter Wrens, 1 singing the western
      song. This is the second time I've had Winter Wren in extreme NW
      Colorado, the first time being almost three years to the day before, at
      the Wiggins Unit of the Browns Park SWA. I suspect that they may breed
      rarely in the area.

      Both Kenney Res and Rio Blanco Lake were very full, and had few birds.

      Good birding,

      Andrew Spencer
      Centennial, CO