hummies

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006

      I thought I knew every possible descriptor for hummingbirds, and then this one surfaced on a trip to texas a few years and made me laugh out loud!

      slowly, slowly, here on hummer mesa, Sir Rufous is displacing even our most aggressive black-chins at the feeders...  and is music to my ears!!!!!  incessant cussing (Italian style) is really all it is, but I love it!

      and long ago, far away, a hummingbird-obsessed acquaintance said, "an individual hummingbird has no friends, only competitors."   moi can not disagree!

      it is their cussing that energizes me, and was therapy for me nightly after getting home from work, for years and years in a prior life, oh yeah!

      Pirate Bill