Sandpipers and young in Pitkin County

  • Louise Glaser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2014

      My husband and I hiked up the Frying Pan (Pitkin County) this weekend. At Lily Pad Lake near Ivanhoe we found three sandpipers in different places around the lake who flew at our approach. At one point we were very close to the edge of the lake and when the sandpiper flew I happened to look down and there were two baby sandpipers in the tall grasses at our feet. They were, of course, adorable but we quickly moved away so the adult sandpiper could return. Not only was the lake beautiful and the lily pads in bloom, to see the birds was a thrill.

      Louise Glaser

      Basalt

      Eagle County