Grasshopper Sparrow, etc.

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2014

      I hosted Dorian Anderson and his girlfriend Sonia this morning on Dorian’s quest to add Sharp-tailed Grouse to his cross-county bird list. He is biking across the country (started January 1 in Boston) and trying to get 600 birds during 2014. You can follow his interesting daily blog by googling BikingforBirds.

      Anyway, after a little bushwhacking across Trapper mined land reclamation we jumped out a few sharpies. Of more personal interest to me was a singing Grasshopper Sparrow about a half mile from the spot where one was singing in May. I may have heard a second distant bird, or it may have been the result of an overstimulated imagination. We also encountered a wary rattlesnake that warned us off before we got too close.

      Good Birding,

      Forrest Luke

      Craig