First Calliope Male at feeder

  • Sue Hirshman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2014
      I kept expecting to see the Calliope and finally today one male showed up at one of my feeders.  In years
      past they would arrive around the 1st of August. The first male Rufous noted was June 27th and now I can
      count 7 of them feeding at different feeders right before dark. I also had a nice Hermit Thrush that stayed
      around the area today.
      Have 2 babies of Black Swifts now and more activity.
      Sue Hirshman
    • Bill Harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2014
        First Calliope hummer of the summer at my feeder today, also a black-capped
        chickadee showed up at my feeder yesterday – quite early from past sightings.
        Bill Harris, Montrose.