LEOW, GJ Desert Area

  • nic korte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2006

      I had a visiting birder from Ohio. His primary targets were Golden Eagle (saw three), Lewis Woodpecker (struck out at end of 26 rd), and burrowing owl (struck out on 25 rd).  I tried hard on  Scotts oriole and Cassin's kingbirds--also no good, BUT, we had some good luck too as Tom got the following lifers:

      long-eared owl (at least three) on Brewster Ridge

      gray-flycatcher (pair on Brewster ridge)

      At 6:&50 and Stateline:

      gray vireos

      blk-throated sparrows

      lark sparrows

      ash-throated flycatcher

      sage thrasher  AND WE HAD A GOOD LIST OVERALL, WITH JUNIPER TITMICE, BLK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER AND OTHERS.

      Nic Korte