Gunnison Black-throated Gray Warbler, June 26

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2014
      While hiking back to my vehicle after a RMBO survey just north of Gateview off of Blue Mesa Cutoff (Gunnison County) road I heard a singing Black-throated Gray Warbler (I did chase it and got visual also). I have never found this species at 8000 feet elevation and in an area dominated by Douglas Fir. If any county-listers are interested in chasing please contact me for UTM coordinates.

      Coen - have you ever found one at this elevation or outside pinyon/juniper or riparian habitat?

      --
      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta Co.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2014
        Hi Jason -

        Last year, I had a singing BTYW in mixed Ponderosa Pine/Doug Fir/Juniper woodland (in that order of dominance) in Eagle Cty around 8500', while doing a survey near Ruedi Reservoir.

        Eric

        On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Jason Beason aeronautes.saxatalis@... [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        While hiking back to my vehicle after a RMBO survey just north of Gateview off of Blue Mesa Cutoff (Gunnison County) road I heard a singing Black-throated Gray Warbler (I did chase it and got visual also). I have never found this species at 8000 feet elevation and in an area dominated by Douglas Fir. If any county-listers are interested in chasing please contact me for UTM coordinates.

        Coen - have you ever found one at this elevation or outside pinyon/juniper or riparian habitat?

        --
        Jason Beason
        Paonia - Delta Co.

        --