Male Calliope

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006
      Today we had a male Calliope Hummingbird at the feeder
      in Nucla. This is my second earliest date, the
      earliest is 4 July 91. The second earliest date was
      19 July 03. A Calliope was also report near Mancos on
      7 July on Friday.
      For several days we have had Black Swifts flying over
      Nucla. The monsoons have been strong in our area and
      must be driving the swifts down river from Telluride
      which is less than 50 miles as a swift would fly.
      Most of our area has received between one and two
      inches of rain the last few days.
      We had a Yellow-breasted Chat near our yard today
      singing up a storm, monsoon type that is. Blue
      Grosbeaks have also really started to sing in Nucla.
      Seems they alway wait until the summer rains to really
      become vocal.
      Coen and Brenda

      http://mail.yahoo.com