White-winged Crossbill, Gunnison Co - July 7

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2006
      I heard two singing White-winged Crossbills on a RMBO transect in Spruce-Fir habitat this morning. Red Crossbills were everywhere. The White-winged Crossbills were not far off of 12 RD (upslope a few hundred meters) and about 1/2 mile west of Kebler Pass. I also saw a male Three-toed Woodpecker on the transect.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia