more yardbirds

  • Robin Nicholoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
      A flock of FOS White-crowned sparrows, 2 Green-tailed Towhees, brief visit by Evening Grosbeaks.
      Say’s Phoebes mating next to the house. 2 GB Herons and 2 Golden Eagles flew over low a couple days ago.
      Ruby-crowns. Still a pair of Spotted Towhees, not singing, maybe they’re nesting here.

      Plus the usual starlings, Scrub jays, Pinion Jays, Robins, Magpies, House Finches, Kestrels, Red-Tails, Turkeys.
      Mountain Bluebirds in the drylands.

      WHERE ARE THE WARBLERS???

      Robin Nicholoff

      Sunshine Mesa

      Hotchkiss
    • Brandon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014

        The answer the question, where are the warblers.  Eastern Colorado has them.  I've heard of the following rarer warbler species so far:  Golden-winged, Black-and-white, Prothonotary, Hooded, American Redstart, Northern Parula, Palm, Yellow-throated, Townsend's, and HERMIT.  Also, a good number of Black-throated Grays in Eastern Colorado too this spring.  This list will probably double or triple after next weekend.

        Brandon Percival
        Pueblo West, CO

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
          Ah, such a long drive from here ;=(    But an hour after posing the question, I spotted an Orange Crown and a Yellow Rump near the house.  i need more patience.

          -Robin