What is this?

  • JoAnn Riggle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 9:20 AM
      I was birding this morning at Gypsum Ponds and saw this in the river.  My first impression was Pied-billed Grebe because it was that little.  The bill says duck.  Could it be a female Ruddy Duck?   This was the best shot I could get.

      <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95730036@N08/13950754985/player/" width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

      <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95730036@N08/13927619041/in/photostream/player/" width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

      Thanks for your help.

      JoAnn Potter Riggle, Chief of Staff

      Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
    • JoAnn Riggle
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20 9:55 AM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 2.9 MB
      Saw this bird on the river at Gypsum Ponds this morning.  It was small like a Pied-billed Grebe but not a grebe.  Any ideas?  A Ruddy Duck?

      Thanks,