Saw whet owl on Redlands

  • leon stigen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2014
      We heard what we were pretty sure was a Saw Whet Owl calling from our neighbor's tree in the Redlands last night about 11:30. It's call was quite loud and incessant for such a small bird. This is the first Saw Whet Owl we've ever heard up here in the 25 years we've lived in this house. We've probably missed hearing some of these birds in years past. I hope Dick Filby was able to find one for the owl prowl last night!!!
         Lee Stigen
         Grand Junction