RFI: Steamboat Springs Birding

  • JOYCE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2014
      Hi,

      I am forwarding this message from CoBirds in hopes that someone
      maybe Tom Litteral can help this birder.

      Joyce Takamine
      Boulder

      Greetings!
      I am in route to Steamboat Springs for the next week (I'm an ornithologist going to a small conference there), and thinking of spending a morning/early afternoon birding while I'm there. I'd be interested in hearing about spots close to Steamboat to check out this time of year, and in particular I'd be interested in seeing the following birds:

      Pine Grosbeak
      Sharp-tailed Grouse
      Long-eared Owl
      No. Goshawk
      White-tailed Ptarmigan
      Bohemian Waxwing
      Northern Shrike
      Crossbills/Rosy Finches

      (the first 3 would be lifers for me).

      Additionally, if any local birders wanted to join/guide, I'd be happy to pay for gas and lunch. I don't currently have a car but might rent one if it seems worth it.

      Feel free to reply directly to me alan [dot] krakauer [at]  gmail [dot] com.

      Thank you for your help!

      Good birding,
      Alan Krakauer
      Richmond/Davis CA