Goshawk in our yard!

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2014
      Sounds like we are trying to keep up with Jason!  The adult Goshawk made a pass at the bird feeder, birds scattered, a Collared-Dove bounced off of the dining room window, and the Goshawk came up empty.  It returned a few seconds later and landed on the deck rail.  We were eyeball to eyeball at about 15 feet and the bird flew when I even thought of getting a camera.  Kay went out to her car a few minutes later, a Collared-Dove flushed, and the Goshawk went rocketing past her after the pigeon.  Cool visitor, if it hangs around it can have all of the Collared-Doves it wants.

      Tom McConnell
      Glenwood Springs