Steller's Jays!

  • Alice
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2013

      Hi all,

      Today for about 15 minutes I was graced with at least 10 Steller’s Jays, not a common yard bird for me.  I couldn’t count them reliably because they were in the stream, the pine trees, at the feeders, etc. and moving quickly among those spots and then—gone.  I was glad I caught it.  My three resident scrub jays were subdued in their presence.

      Alice Newberry, about 10:30am

      Redlands, Mesa County

    • Norm & Mary
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2013
        Wow, that's great. We've been in the Redlands 37 yrs., & only once had a Steller's that I know of, & it was dead, right about when West Nile started--didn't touch it! Mary Kronvall