Empid Flycatcher - Nov. 5

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2013
      This morning I briefly viewed an Empidonax flycatcher in Russian olives in front yard (Rain Crow Farm near Paonia). I quickly grabbed binocs and camera and by the time I got out there to photograph and try to id it was gone! The brief look I did get suggested possible Dusky (not very visible eye-ring, thin pointy beak, and overall jizz of bird). Quite late and pretty bizarre to see while snow was coming down!

      Also had a few other "winter birds" around today:
      Rough-legged Hawk
      Mountain Bluebirds
      Horned Lark
      American Pipit