Lark Sparrow - Mesa County

  • Michael Henwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2013
      While on a walk with my son's dog this morning in the open country east of Wingate School and south of Riggs Hill on the Redlands, I encountered a couple of late Lark Sparrows. Other birds in the desert shrub, rocky cliff area with a scattering of Pinyon Juniper were more typical(but always enjoyable to see) included a Juniper Titmouse, 2 Rock Wrens, and a Pinyon Jay calling overhead. Had 9 Common Raven flying along the face of the hillside.

      Mike Henwood
      Grand Junction
      Mesa County