Fall Migration

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2013
    Greetings,
    Attached is the updated info on fall migration. I will continue to update data as it comes in as may species will be present for several weeks. Thanks to the many of you that has contributed migration data. Compare this year with the two previous years in the chart. I am wondering if all the rain will translate into may species hanging around later than normal. In the Nucla area there a sure a lot of great grass seeds for sparrows and insects for all the insectivores.
    Good birding,
    Coen
  • kendall@sopris.net
    Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2013
      Birding Game and Black chinned hummers Hi Brenda and Coen,

      Finally figured my score for Sunday Sept. 8.  I wanted to go over the official list first...On my list saw 55 species (of course many more species were seen over the 2 days that WERE on my list but I did not see)
      99 total on list..... So 2 pts for seen and on list..   110 pts – 44 species on my list (1 pt) and not seen (at least   2   I should have seen) - 14 species seen not on my list (1 pt)  == 52 final score....
      Next year ... I will be ready!

      On Monday morning the last day of Sept. the 30th saw Black-chinned hummers for the last time, 3 of them, one had a weird malady...its tongue would not go back in its mouth...I had seen it for a couple weeks off and on...the little girl could drink out of the feeder but its tongue would stay out....  Anyone ever see that?

      Kendall on the Roaring Fork in Glenwood Springs

      [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Brenda Wright included below]