Colorado Osprey Migration Research

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013

      On June 19th, 2013 biologists from the National Park Service and Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory placed satellite transmitters on two female Osprey near Grand Lake, Colorado. We have been receiving data ever since from Argos (the company that owns the satellites) showing their locations. We named the Osprey "Rainbow" and "Shadow" because they nested at Rainbow Bay on Lake Granby and at Shadow Mountain Reservoir. Shadow began to migrate on September 15th and Rainbow on September 21st. If you are interested in seeing the migration of these two Colorado Osprey please click on the links below:

      Click link to view Rainbow's map:

      Click link to view Shadow's map:

      https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=z1w0titAm7dk.krK1GstGetQg

      Also, anyone wishing to receive regular updates (approximately every three days) about the migration of these birds can contact me to be added to the contacts list.

      Enjoy the birds!

      Jason Beason
      Special Monitoring Projects Coordinator
      Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
      Celebrating 25 Years of Bird and Habitat Conservation!