Birded Ridgway State Park - Ouray Co.

  • B Fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
    My husband and I spent about 2.5 hours birding the three areaa of Ridgway State Park this morning.  The winds were strong.

    Highlight was what I believe is a male Black-backed Lesser Goldfinch (Texas) - photo attached.  Please let me know if my ID is wrong.

    Pa-co-chu-puk Area

    American Kestrel 1
    Osprey 1
    White-crowned Sparrow 1
    Say's Phoebe 1
    Black-billed Magpie 1
    Mourning Dove 1
    Mountain Blue 4

    Dutch Charlie Area

    1 Mountain Bluebird
    1 Gull
    1 Turkey Vulture
    2 Lesser Goldfinch  (Photos of both attached)

    Dallas Creek Area

    18 Gulls (Too far off to ID, looked like either Ring-billed or California)
    3 Mountain Bluebirds
    1 Osprey
    1 Magpie

    Betty