Migration continues!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2013
      Brenda and I drove to Montrose to shop so we did a little birding in route.  Migrants still present were Turkey Vultures (many), Osprey (2) at Ridgway SP, Long-billed Dowitcher (6) at Raptor Point near Norwood but in Montrose County, Black-chinned Hummingbird (4) in Nucla, Rufous Hummingbird (2) in Nucla, Red-naped Sapsucker (1) in Ridgway SP, Barn Swallow (8) at three locations, Sage Thrasher (1) at Raptor Point, Orange-crowned Warbler (1) at Ridgway SP, Wilson's Warbler (1) at Ridgway SP, Vesper Sparrow (1) at Raptor Point, Savannah Sparrow (1) at Nucla and Lincoln Sparrow (1) at Nucla.
      I am very curious as to this fall's migration and what impact all this wet weather will have.  Forrest still has a lot of migrants in Moffat County which will be coming through in the next few days  Hopefully the banding station in Grand Junction is up and running with lots of birds.
      Coen and Brenda