Common Poorwills

  • Leon Thurmon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2013
      Hi Birders,

      The Common Poorwills are still here. calling, calling, calling, until 10pm-ish (sounds like at least 3 individuals). They are below Little Park Rd in one canyons of the "lunch-loop mountain-bike trails".....  the canyon that contains the "holy-cross" trail; for anyone wanting to hear them.

      Leon Thurmon
    • Leon Thurmon
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25 4:06 PM
        The Common Poorwills appear to be back.  At least three individuals calling in the early early morning.  In the canyon (near the Holy Cross trail of the lunch loop mountain biking trails) on the west side of Little Park Road.

        Leon Thurmon
        Little Park Rd
        Mesa County
      • Leon Thurmon
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2016
          Hi Birders,

          Common Poorwills are back.  Calling their distinctive call morning and evening in the rocky canyon below my house.

          Leon T.
          Little Park Rd
        • robgret tds.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 25, 2016
            Common Poorwills are here also.  First heard about a week ago, one a quarter mile away, another answering right in the yard.  They were not here last year for some reason.

            -Robin Nicholoff

            Sunshine Mesa, Hotchkiss