Durango Hatchery Birds

  • riley.morris39
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2013

      Hey all,

      This morning there were a few interesting birds at the Durango hatchery pond:

      Osprey

      Spotted Sandpiper (on the riverbank)

      Wilson's Warbler (18)

      Macgillivray's Warbler

      Yellow-rumped Warbler (first I have at the pond seen this fall)

      Warbling Vireo

      Willow Flycatcher

      Cordilleran Flycatcher

      Western Wood-Pewee (10)

      White-crowned Sparrow

      Lincoln's Sparrow

      Clay-colored Sparrow (strong facial pattern and buff flanks)

      Cedar Waxwings (15)

      Also, a Black Phoebe was at the hatchery the last two days and I had my first American Dipper of the fall helping me clean raceways (of bugs at least) on Sunday.

      Riley Morris

      Durango, CO