Miramonte SWA

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013
      Greetings,
      Miramonte is again open to the public.  We checked out the birds this afternoon.  One Bald Eagle was present with lots of Turkey Vultures eating dead fish.  One coyote was carrying fish away from the shore and them burying them for a future meal.  Several Great Blue Herons were resting on the shore.  Killdeer,4, American Avocet, 1, Spotted Sandpiper,1, and Baird's Sandpiper,4 were the shorebirds present.  The best species were two Forester's Terns.  Several species of flycatchers and sparrows were in the habitat that surrounds the reservoir.  We still have all four species of hummingbirds at our feeders.  Four species of warblers were present around Nucla this morning, Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, Common Yellowthroat and Wilson's.

      Brenda and I are leaving tomorrow for Pagosa Springs to visit some friends, do a program and do lots of birding in several places along the New Mexico/Colorado Line.
      More when we return Thursday!
      Coen and Brenda